So here we are again.
Another year has passed and Cheltenham Festival has arrived with all the excitement and trepidation that comes with it.
To add a little extra spice, I thought we could have a small tipping competition for readers as a thank you for listening to my mad ramblings for the last few months. It is a winner takes all competition for a prize of £30.
The competition will work like this:
- Entrants select one horse per day for each day of the festival. Please email your selection to me at email@example.com before 1pm UK time each day . Please include a nickname in your email that you will be happy for me to list alongside your selection on the blog. I will then post up all selections with entrants nicknames before the start of racing. Any tips received after 1pm UK time will not be entered into the competition.
- Points will be awarded in line with the SP of any winners selected.
- If an entrant does not tip on each of the 4 days 10 points will be deducted from their total for each day missed.
- The entrant with the most points after racing on Friday will win £30. If there is a tie the prize will be split equally between the winning entrants. If there is more than a 3 way tie I will draw the winner out of a hat.
- All the usual stuff applies about my decision being final and no correspondence etc etc blah blah.
Good luck to everybody!!
I’ve had a very small placepot at Cheltenham today and my perms are below if anybody would like to follow me in. Please remember this is just a fun bet!
- 1:30 Cheltenham
- Cue Card
- Spirit Son
- 2:05 Cheltenham
- Realt Dubh
- 2:40 Cheltenham
- Fair Along
- 3:20 Cheltenham
- Peddlers Cross
- 4:00 Cheltenham
- 4:40 Cheltenham
- Sparky May
- La Vecchia Scuola
There are 48 lines there so a 10p placepot would cost £4.80. Let’s keep our fingers crossed! Knowing my luck with placepots it will go down on Race 1 though I did manage to land a couple of dividends on the first day of Cheltenham last year.
Everybody have a great day today and may the wind be at your back whatever you’re backing!